We can now help you with all your Removal requirements!
If you need to move after 7th May then your moving consultant will contact you to coordinate and advise on the protocols.
If you need a quote, then please make contact on the above forms and your moving consultant will be in contact. We have all the tools to provide you a quote online.
The South African COVID 19 Portal:
Cape Removals moving consultants are standing by to help you through all the red tape. The government has adjusted the moving deadline from 7th June 2020 to indefinitely. Please see the article by Business Insider :
Date restrictions have nee changed but the underlying guidelines when moving still applies.
Guidelines regarding furniture removals during level 4 in Government Notice 43293 issued by the Minister of Corporate Governance and Traditional Affairs on 07 May 2020.
At all times it is prudent to read this simplified document with the Notice as published by the Minister. For ease of reference and understanding, the Association has simplified the Gazette and highlighted aspects that are specifically of importance to its Members.
Focus of this Gazette:
• movement of persons and goods within and across provincial, metropolitan or district boundaries Movement of persons & goods Direction 2 This allows the movement of persons and their goods (reasonably understood as their furniture/household effects for the purposes of this Gazette) where persons change their place of residence to a new place of residence, within the Republic, in terms of:
• new lease agreements entered into before or during the lockdown period, • the transfer of immovable property that occurred before the lockdown period,
• the once-off movement of persons who are relocating to their new place of residence, as permitted in terms of regulation 16(5): and
• The transport of goods within the Republic is permitted in terms of regulation 22(1)(f), Time period Restriction • Movement of persons and goods permitted from 07 May 2020 to 07 June 2020. Documentation Required
• Person moving must obtain a permit to travel across provincial, metropolitan or district boundaries from the station commander (or designated person) of a police station’
• The permit must correspond to Form 1,
• Indicate the persons who are part of the household who will be required to move, and
• The relevant lease agreement indicating the date of expiry of the old lease and the date of commencement of the new lease, or the transfer documents attesting to the change in place of residence or change of ownership of property.
Tel - 064 503 1371
Cel - 061 421 1011
for all your enquiries