Moving cross-country can be expensive. So, is it possible to save money when you have to move furniture from Johannesburg to another province? Yes! By using a unique long-distance solution that only moving companies know about.
In this post we’ll tell you all about it, show you how much you can save, give you some handy pointers when relocating cross-country and even give you a list of all the provinces you can move to for way, way cheaper.
How to move furniture from Johannesburg to another province
When we think about moving, most of us usually think of small moves. But what if you’re moving from Johannesburg to Cape Town, for example? Wow, movers charge per load and hours of labour, and getting all that stuff from one part of the country to the next must cost a fortune, right? Not necessarily…
See, there’s a super insider secret to saving big when you move furniture from Johannesburg to another province. And it’s called share load removals.
About Share Load Removals
This cost-effective, efficient long-distance furniture removal service allows multiple clients to share space on a truck already headed for the same destination and means reduced costs for each client. Utilising a national infrastructure and large trucks that can accommodate multiple households, each truck is able to carry approximately 3 large 4-bedroom houses.
Learn all about share-load in our look at long-distance removals in SA.
How much can you save moving to another province?
There are a few factors that influence the cost to transport furniture from Johannesburg to another province.
- Get a moving company that specialises in your removal route – less popular routes can be more costly as the moving company might need to wait a while to fill up the truck.
- Get an accurate inventory of your belongings. There’s nothing worse than having to reconfigure an entire truck to fit that couch from your garage that you forgot to mention in your inventory.
- Packing and wrapping your high-value and sentimental items to minimise the risk of loss or damage.
Have a look at these important moving company prices from province to province.
Important things to remember when moving to another province
- Insurance: The Hollies knew the drill when they sang about the road being long and having many a winding turn. That’s why it’s so important to ensure you have your precious belongings protected against any and all unforeseen circumstances that could arise during your move with adequate moving company insurance.
- Storage: Sometimes your new home might not be quite ready to move into. This could be due to the previous occupants still needing to move out, some renovations needing to be done to your new home, or you might not have decided on where you want to live in your new province. In these cases, you’ll need to make use of super-safe furniture storage.
- Short-term accommodation: for the same reasons you may need to store your belongings, you might also need a place to stay for you, your family and your pets until your new home is ready for you to occupy.
Awesome extra options when you move from Johannesburg to another province
- Let us pack for you – too busy and unable to pack yourself? Ask about getting our team in to pack, box up and label everything for you.
- We supply the boxes – having a hard time finding boxes for packing? No worries, we can supply all your boxes and packaging needs, including bubble wrap and things for your fragile pieces – ask about our boxes and packing materials.
Which provinces can you move to from Johannesburg?
Named after the Limpopo River, the Limpopo province is renowned for its wildlife, natural beauty, and historical and cultural treasures. It boasts over 50 provincial reserves, several private game reserves, and the largest section of the Kruger National Park.
Mpumalanga, meaning “Place where the sun rises,” is a very popular tourist destination, and known for its abundant wildlife and breathtaking scenic beauty. The province also houses large-scale steel manufacturing industries. Asl about removals to Nelspruit and Mpumalanga.
Blue skies, farmlands, and mountains that stretch into the horizons as far as the eye can see, the Free State lies at the literal heart of South Africa. With its rich soil and pleasant climate, 70% of South Africa’s grain is produced here. Ask about furniture removals to Bloemfontein and the Free State.
North West Province
Also known as the Platinum Province, the North West boasts a plethora of popular tourist destinations such as the Cradle of Humankind Site, Sun City, Pilanesberg National Park, Taung Heritage Site, and the De Wildt Cheetah and Wildlife Trust.
Know for its 4X4 safaris, San rock art, its breathtaking spring flowers and home to the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, the Square Kilometre Array radio-telescope, it’s the largest province in South Africa. Ask about moving to Springbok and the Northern Cape.
With its beautiful coastline bathed in the warm Indian Ocean, breathtaking landscapes like the majestic Drakensberg mountains and neverending, KZN is a popular South African holiday destination with residents saying it’s got summer all year round. Not a bad place to live, eh? Learn all about moving to Durban and KwaZulu-Natal.
Some say the last wild frontier of South Africa, but all in all, an awesome place to live – and not just for the fishing and horse riding. Yes, we do weekly moves from Johannesburg to anywhere in the Eastern Cape including moves to Port Elizabeth, East London and, among others, moving to Plettenberg Bay.
Located on the southwestern tip of Africa, it’s a renowned tourist destination, offering stunning beaches, diverse cultures, historical landmarks, top-rated restaurants, and entertainment. Learn all about moving to Cape Town and the Western Cape.
Once you’ve done your homework, you’ll see it really is easy to move furniture from Johannesburg to another province when you work with a professional, experienced removal company.