How do I get the best moving quote from a moving company - Influences on Moving Company Quotes
WHAT INFLUENCES YOUR MOVING COMPANY QUOTATIONS?
Inventory of Furniture & Personal Goods that need to be relocated need to be accurate so the correct truck size can be allocated and for insurance purposes.
To ensure that your inventory is correctly accounted for
- Complete our Online Removal Inventory form as honestly and Accurately as possible = Cape Removals Online Inventory Form
Email a completed inventory list to firstname.lastname@example.org for National Moves and local@caperemovals for Local Moves within The Western Cape Or Request a moving consultant to visit and take an Inventory
Safety and Stress management are key so you will need to decide if you would like any of the following supporting services:
Packing – Packing is a very specialised & time-consuming service. Proper planning needs to be done to facilitate which often needs to be done a day or two before your relocation happens.
Protective Wrapping Requirements – Delicate or specialised wrapping needs to be taken into account.
Home Accessibility at Pick up & Delivery Addresses are important factors as poor truck access or difficult locations to reach may slow down the process, costing more manpower per hour.
Moving Date – Because most property transfers and rentals happen at the end of the month, there is often a bottleneck of relocations happening between the 25th and 3rd of every month. Thus, removal companies will often offer lower rates in quieter periods such as the middle of the month.
Distance – Being in an industry that provides transportation of goods, it should come as no surprise that the distance between pick-up and delivery locations will have a big impact on pricing.
Dismantling & Reassembling of Furniture – This is a time-consuming exercise and staff (s) time do need to be allocated to facilitate this process.
Price Influences on your Moving Company Quotes
There are many influences that have an effect on your furniture removal influence over your move in the various provinces like Western Cape, Gauteng, Pretoria, Eastern Cape & Durban, KwaZulu-Natal. A summary of the influences can be different in each province but generally include:
- End month moving is always more expensive than the middle month (Property Transfers and Lease Expiry are mostly month-end). This causes a bottleneck effect around the end month. If you can manipulate your property transfers or coordinate with the person whose house you renting or buying then you can save up to 40% on furniture removal
- Accessibility influences at your Collection and Delivery addresses can cause delays and might require extra manpower to facilitate the stairs and long carries which in turns also takes us more time. Remember a Good Furniture Removal Company wants to be able to do your removal quickly and efficiently whilst keeping an accurate schedule for moves planned after yours. So it’s important for us to understand the accessibility challenges at your collection and delivery addresses.
- Choosing convenient addon services like Packing, Protective Wrapping, Disassembling, Storage & Insurance
- Obviously, distance will play a role but Diesel is not a large portion of your removal quote, It’s more the hourly time it costs to have a full removal team do nothing whilst they travel. Good Removal Companies ensure that they are looked after and paid well and treated fairly. The locality of your Suburbs and City’s (Distance cost of diesel and cost removal team per hour)
And one surefire way to know you’re looking at the best and most trusted is by seeing what other clients have said about the moving company you’re considering. Check your most trusted review platforms like Google and Hello Peter.
There are a few that you can trust. For example, we at Cape Removals have hundreds of authenticated Google reviews, with an average score of 4.8 out of 5 stars. That’s pretty awesome, and it only comes from good service, trust and reliability.
Another place to look is Sirello, where Cape Removals has an average score of 9.5 out of 10. See our Sirello reviews here. And then, there’s the one everyone in SA knows and trusts, HelloPeter.com.
How do I get the best moving quote from a moving company
How do I get the best moving quote from a moving company ?
The best starting point is to understand what influences your moving quote and then you can tray and use your time and resources to try and save in each area. This will effectively minimise your moving quote to suit you and your chosen moving company.
Moving home can be very stressful and you will need to decide as to how can you find a good moving company with the best quote ?
We all at some point need to look at and compare
Before you start making moving plans and sourcing moving quotes, You will need to know what’s fair in the removal industry and what to look for in a moving company. The true value of your home move will be a combination of the best moving price and a quality moving company. So, the first thing to do when looking for movers is to learn the cost of professional furniture moving services, research your options, and find out which companies are worth working with:
- Find out the average cost of moving a household the size of yours across the distance you’re moving;
- Use the easy Request a Quote process found on most websites of good removal companies to get an approximate idea of removal prices;
- Visit the websites of different moving companies in your area and see if there is a moving company that will not only make your removal easier but who will give you competitive removal quotes. Compare their prices and conditions and set aside 2 or 3 movers that are customer service focused. Remember you want a good moving experience and sometimes its worth sacrificing a few rands for a removal company that you know will go the extra mile and make your moving experience a good one. Pay attention to the overall quality of the site, check if the name, physical address, e-mail address, telephone number, match up.
- Read moving reviews – This very important to see what previous customers of the companies have to say about their experiences with the movers.
This way, you’ll get a general idea of what’s available, what to expect from professional movers, which companies to stay away from, and how much money you’re going to need for your move.
Top-rated Hello Peter removal companies
If you find yourself wondering which are the best removal companies near me? You’re probably going to want to head over to HelloPeter. It’s independent and widely popular in South Africa. And there you’ll see that Cape Removals is rated in the Top 3 removal companies in SA – we’re number 2 out of over 5000, and one of the only companies to have a full 10 out of 10 in the SA Trust Index, as well as an 83% recommendation rate.
See our HelloPeter reviews here.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to hire a removal company?
A move can cost anywhere from R1000 upwards for a bachelor flat removal in the same city, to R6000 moving a 3 or 4 bedroom house to another city. See How much does a moving company typically cost?
In fact, you can get an accurate idea of how much your move will cost right now.
Just take a few minutes to complete the form and you’ll get an instant, obligation-free quote that you can use to cost and compare.
When should you contact a removal company?
At least 10 days before your move. Now, most moves are planned well in advance, but you don’t always have that luxury – and then you’re usually stuck without many choices. Don’t settle for a questionable mover, remember that Cape Removals will make a plan to help you move with as little as 10 days’ notice.
Is it worth it to hire movers?
Take into account the movers’ reviews, cost and availability. If needed, you can get a few quotes and compare removal companies before making your choice.